CADconform for MicroStation
What's new in CADconform?
For the latest enhancements to the product in each revision of CADconform, see the Feature Request report. Fixes to known problems can also be found in the Bug Fix Report. Brief highlights are listed below:
New in v7.3
- Support for feature types: 3D Solid, Hatch, Note/Leader
- Support for Bentley Navigator
- Faster watermarking and watermark integrity checking
- Unicode support for design files with Asian language strings (levels, style names,
- Conform allows a "current scale" to be set, which allows quick selection of the
active multi-scale setting.
- Improved string filtering in Conform, including the ability to match on level name.
- Option to check/fix on text scale proportionality independently of text size.
- Option to check on maximum element size (useful in 3D models with compound cells).
- Option to allow features only if they are found in a certain model (e.g. the title
block reference model).
New in v7.1
- Drafting from the list-box can now optionally be operated in single-click or double-click
- Tag value checking and correcting, with full Perl / Unix Regular Expressions support.
- Dockable and pinnable Drafting windows in MicroStation XM and V8i.
- A new multi-preview resizeable Cell Selector with local cell image caching and customisations
stored uniquely per cell library.
- Platform support for Bentley PowerCivil, PowerMap, PowerSurvey,
PowerInroads and PowerGeopak, as well as AECOsim and any other
MicroStation / PowerDraft-based platform.
Four Drafting Menus docked and pinned to the left panel of MicroStation's main window.
Each menu pops out automatically when the mouse moves over the tab page.
The new CADconform Cell Selector showing a cell library in multi-cell preview mode
Older Additions in v7.1
- True colour icon in MicroStation XM and V8i.
- Conform, Drop and Delete commands can now be performed from the Error Summary, Feature
Summary or Individual Error reports in the Report Viewer.
- A feature name filter has been added to the Feature Table Editor, to allow fast
- Terminator symbols can now be defined, checked and drafted. This is useful for cleaning
up AutoCAD originating dimensions.
- Feature keyin lengths have been increased from a maximum of 1024 characters, to
approximatedly 8000 characters (depending on database vendor).
- Conform now has much more granular feature match scoring. The new system compares
and scores on closeness of values (colour matching, string similarity, integer and
floating point proximity, etc)*. The result is a much better estimation of the best
match in the Conform dialog.
- CSV Export now support optional export of ranged values and hidden features.
- Cell library details are now cached locally. This improves conformance speed considerably,
especially when cell libraries are located on a network drive.
- Conform now has a preview window showing the current element before and after the
change has been applied. This preview can be in the main Conform window or a separate
- The global file checking options (model/file name, colour table, signature/title
block cell and border sheet options) are now integrated into the Conform window.
* This means for
example, that a level
named "REBAR" will be a closer match to "EXISTING_REBAR"
than "CONCRETE" and will thus increase the match score. Similarly two shades of
grey will have a higher match score for colour than a grey and green element.
New in v7.0
- Drawing scale can now be applied to design files in batch.Tags can now be checked
for cells.A user-defined command can now be called when the drawing scale is changed.
- Feature table branding can now be applied to design files in batch.
- Multiple tables can now be customised and saved in the Drafting Menu.
- Multiple tables can now be edited and saved using the Feature Table Editor.
- SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2005 Express are now supported as ODBC databases.
messaging system has been added, which allows users to send a message
to other CADconform users. These messages are shown at login time.
can now "suggest" a feature to be added to the feature tables during a
Conform process. This new feature can be optionally included in the
standard automatically by all users until it is reviewed and approved
(or rejected) by an administrator.
can now review suggested features through a dialog interface, to choose
which features suggested by users can be merged to existing tables,
including the name and location of each new feature within the
- Messages are automatically sent to users alerting them to the
review status of these suggested features.
can now be defined as a "group". This allows multiple users to share a
single login, which can be defined by the current workspace
- User groups can have
the individual user name automatically retrieved from a Windows domain,
so that shared group logins can still be tracked uniquely per user.
Copyright 2001-2010 Altiva Software, Inc. Last modified by Matthew Tolmie.